POSITION SUMMARY: Our client is a multi-state retail operator within the consumer products industry. They are seeking a Retail Training Specialist to select and develop new hires for their retail settings, focusing on performance standardization, consistency, and accountability. The Retail Training Specialist will follow established programs in developing new hires to deliver outstanding customer service in alignment with company procedures and values.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in retail hiring decisions in collaboration with company recruiters.
- Administer pre-employment testing.
- Administer online assessments for both candidates and employees.
- Deliver new hire training in retail setting following established training manual and materials.
- Serve on the new hire onboarding team to engage employees in the company culture.
- Participate in company events.
- Identify and collaborate on process and performance improvements to strengthen retail employee education.
- Work with company leaders to identify performance gaps and develop solutions to enhance individual and team performance.
- Prepare periodic reporting as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/professional experience.
- Specialized retail, restaurant or hospitality training, degree in Instructional Design, Learning and Development or Adult Education and/or 2-3 years of hands-on experience preferred.
- Strong dedication to customer service excellence.
- Prior training delivery focused on desired objectives and performance improvement coaching.
- Ability to adapt and present new curriculum in pursuit of established learning goals.
- Driver’s license and motor vehicle record complying with company standards required.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a friendly, helpful approach.
- Willingness and ability to adhere to established company policies and procedures.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and multi-tasking capability.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with HRIS, retail and food service equipment and supplies including PPE.