POSITION SUMMARY: Our client is a national manufacturing and distribution business based in St. Louis providing a variety of goods and services to state-operated facilities. The primary focus of the Risk and Compliance Manager is to develop processes and procedures relating to compliance and loss prevention for financial services. This position will manage several direct reports who perform related duties. The organization offers a full benefits package including profit sharing and internal advancement opportunities in their team-oriented environment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop processes and procedures that effectively provide for money services compliance with all legal requirements and limit losses due to fraud.
- Research and confirm credit card transactions.
- Compile and analyze customer activity for licensing and reporting.
- Compile, analyze and communicate deposit activity for government money transmitter compliance.
- Prepare compliance data including database summaries, schedules and analysis for audits.
- Develop employees and contractors to effectively perform their duties.
- Develop and implement best practices for credit card loss fraud prevention.
- Design, implement and adjust bank card monitoring fraud rules.
- Provide external reports regarding fraudulent transactions to assist in reducing and recovering losses.
- Design reports for measuring loss control effectiveness.
- Coordinate activities across and outside the organization related to credit card loss prevention.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in high volume credit card transaction processing and related fraud.
- Current experience working as a loss control supervisor for a money services business such as a financial institution, credit card processor or other organization processing large volume credit card transactions.
- Minimum 2 years of management experience.
- Knowledge of legal requirements related to pay card compliance.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Access.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with documented expertise in resolving credit exceptions.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and consistently meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.