POSITION SUMMARY: Our client is a consumer goods organization that has been growing substantially. Because of this growth, they have found the need to add a Sales Analyst to work cross functionally with the Sales & Marketing team. This role will be involved with introducing new products, performing account and/or margin analysis, and tracking and analyzing sales trends to evaluate sales performance, increase overall sales productivity and improve related business decisions. The Sales Analyst must have worked with a trade spend performance software program previously, be initiative driven, and take ownership of their work. This role will have significant exposure to executives daily.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collect, analyze and report sales data.
- Evaluate sales data as it relates to sales forecast.
- Use data and analysis to determine and support potential opportunities for improved performance and efficiency.
- Ability to identify problems, recommend solutions and get to resolution quickly.
- Maintain trade spend platform entries and forecasts; incorporate data in periodic reports.
- Manage promotional calendar and approve programs submissions.
- Assist sales team in consideration of potential promotions including planning and forecasting.
- Communicate sales reporting and forecasting to relevant sales and management team members.
- Manage sales team expense reports and payment requests.
- Prepare proposals, statements and reports for customer contacts.
- Participate in customer meetings as required; provide necessary data to key sales team members as requested.
BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science or related field required.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple analysis and reporting requests from various sources.
- Ability to complete complex analysis of data and trends including forecast and historical sources.
- Strong interpersonal skills working both independently and as a team member.
- Proficiency with technology in general and Excel in particular.
- Previous experience working with a trade spend performance software program.
- Ability to create quality reports and present effectively to groups.