Our client is looking for a Senior Accountant to join their team. This local distribution company is an ESOP with a history of over 100 years! Our client has a reputation for delivering a great experience for both customers and employees.
This role will work report directly to the Controller. This position will be responsible for the accounting for both the parent company and its businesses.
- Complete accurate and timely daily accounting and month end close procedures
- Organize and analyze financial information in preparation for general ledger entries
- Prepare journal entries to ensure accurate and timely transaction entries into the accounting system
- Prepare and process periodic payment reconciliations from a variety of sources including supporting documentation
- Record intercompany transactions and reconcile balances with intercompany entities
- Prepare and submit sales and use tax returns
- Provide audit activity support as needed
- Develop/improve accounting processes and procedures to improve efficiency and internal controls
- Communicate across the organization regarding accounting questions and issue resolution
- Fulfill reporting and special project requests as assigned
What you must have…
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum 3 year of experience in an Accountant role required
- Intercompany experience preferred
- Proficient user of Excel (Lookups & Pivot Tables)
What the Company offers...
- Employee owned!
- Competitive base salary
- Ability to work hybrid schedule after training period
- Full suite of benefit offerings
- Opportunity for development and growth