POSITION SUMMARY: Our client is both a stable and incredibly fast-growing consumer goods company headquartered in St. Louis. They know “A” players in the Accounting space want to work for an “A” company so they offer a true work/life balance, no travel, flexibility, a top-notch benefit plan, a 401(k) with a match that vests immediately, business casual every day, on-site workout room and a fun department in a company that offers fun – annual company events, fitness classes over lunch and after hours, paid maternity and paternity leave and much more! This outstanding company is seeking a Senior Accountant to complete and assist with financial reporting, both internal and external. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Financial Reporting, this role offers an opportunity to grow with the company as part of a department that continues to increase in size. The reporting responsibilities will provide complex experiences in areas such as acquisitions, divestitures and stock offerings in addition to standard publicly-traded company reporting.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the preparation of company 10-K, 10-Q and 11-K including supporting documentation and financial disclosure drafting and updating.
- Assist in XBRL tagging process for 10-K and 10-Q.
- Coordinate with auditors, both internal and external, to prepare schedules, explain supporting materials and prepare additional required data.
- Complete required government survey forms.
- Assist in the preparation of various internal reporting packages.
- Assist with establishing and maintaining Sarbanes-Oxley controls.
- Special projects as assigned such as but not limited to accounting research and ERP and system administrative activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; Master’s degree in Accounting preferred.
- CPA certification preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience with Big 4 accounting firm serving SEC clients highly preferred.
- Experience preparing or assisting with the preparation of company 10-K and 10-Q.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting principles and theory.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks.