POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, headquartered in St. Louis, is a leader in product engineering and innovation serving the automotive industry for over 50+ years. They are seeking a Senior Accountant (Financial Reporting) to perform general ledger accounting financial reporting, and financial analysis for assigned areas.
This is a high-performance environment in an award‑winning company with customer satisfaction as its ultimate goal. They are seeking a high performer who wants to come in and not just do a “job” but learn how to run a business; someone with aspirations and who wants to truly create and generate their own career path!! If you are up to the challenge, please read on!
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Track, analyze, and report financial data and trends by product line, business unit, and customer.
- Prepare/Review balance sheet account reconciliations, account analysis, accrual calculations and related accounting documents and schedules.
- Prepare/Review journal entries related to assigned responsibilities.
- Assist in preparing monthly financial reporting package.
- Prepare reporting packages such as Tax, Audit Engagement Schedules, EU/Canadian filings, etc.
- Research and prepare variance analysis and explanations.
- Prepare foreign currency transactions and impact analysis.
- Identify company risks and opportunities based on analysis.
- Research accounting and operational transaction workflows for functionality and effectiveness.
- Comprehend key business drivers and provide relevant and timely information to support decision-making.
- Communicate with supervisors regarding financial close, issues, and deliverables.
- Supervise, develop, and mentor a staff accountant.
- Cross-train in other functional areas to improve department performance.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting.
- CPA, CMA, or other advanced accounting qualifications preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of GAAP.
- Mastery of accounting processes, procedures, and internal controls.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to adapt quickly and prioritize effectively.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-reliant learner who can initiate performance enhancing ideas.
- Customer service focused approach.
- Ability to succeed in a team environment.