POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, a privately held international manufacturer headquartered in St. Louis, is seeking a Senior Accountant to work with one of their international partner distribution companies. This newly redesigned role will be actively involved in monthly close, inventory and valuation, process developments, and strong internal controls. Please note that SAP experience is required for this opportunity.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist management with month end close, including managing the process.
- Ensure completion and review of all account reconciliations.
- Manage SAP journal entries, reversals and accruals in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinate financial reporting from SAP; review and edit as needed.
- Assist in developing management analytics and reporting.
- Review new vendor documents for accuracy and enter in SAP.
- Review expense reports and process reimbursements.
- Assist in developing analytics for accounts payable.
- Monitor payables activity for aging and variances, reporting issues as needed.
- Additional tasks and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3-5 years of accounting experience, including month end close, journal entries, reconciliation and financial statements.
- Exposure to additional accounting areas such as accounts payable and internal controls.
- Demonstrated SAP experience required.
- Proficiency in Excel, including pivot tables and vlookups.
- Effective working both independently and as a team member.
- Supervisory experience a plus.