POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, a long-established, publicly held $500 million+ distribution company, is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their team. This role’s focus will be corporate operations with responsibility for maintaining accounting records, analyzing the general ledger, reconciliations, and preparing financial reports. Principles of US GAAP are followed. The company provides a competitive salary and full benefits package.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete daily accounting and month end close procedures in an accurate and timely manner.
- Organize and analyze financial information in preparation for general ledger entries.
- Prepare periodic reconciliations including necessary supporting documentation.
- Compile data and complete government surveys.
- Develop/improve accounting processes and procedures to promote efficiency and strengthen internal controls.
- Provide required support for audit activities.
- Communicate with all levels of the organization regarding accounting questions and issue resolution.
- Fulfill reporting and special project requests as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 2+ years of accounting experience; public accounting experience and/or CPA a plus.
- Knowledge of ERP systems and query tools preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint; pivot table and look ups knowledge a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team player.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills, detail orientation, and ability to successfully multi-task.