Our client is offering a truly unique opportunity to join a collaborative, engaging and fun accounting team in the creation of a shared services environment while concurrently deploying NetSuite as an accounting system. You will support a leading business, create overall efficiencies and repeatable processes, be a trusted advisor, and can further enhance your career as the team grows in size and scope.
You will love this role if:
- You enjoy engaging in the details while thinking about overall efficiency with an eye toward improvement
- Having the ability to make an impact is important to you
- You enjoy implementing new accounting systems (NetSuite)
- You enjoy designing SOP’s and systems to enhance reporting and accuracy
- You like to be a trusted advisor to the business
You will hate this role if:
- You like the status quo
- You prefer to sit at your computer and crunch numbers
- You don't like to get in the weeds
- You don't like to find ways to improve processes or procedures
Our client provides a fun place to work in a very collaborative environment where career development is encouraged in a professional, yet informal office setting. Our client offers a competitive base salary, medical, dental and vision coverage, generous paid time off, and incentive bonuses to those who qualify.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in all areas of day to day, full cycle accounting for multiple subsidiaries.
- Calculate and prepare month end journal entries by compiling and analyzing account information, complete with documentation.
- Monthly bank reconciliations.
- Monthly credit card Reconciliations – assist in implementing Expensify w/new credit cards.
- Monthly GL Reconciliations to identify financial discrepancies before month-end.
- Monthly variance analysis.
- Assist and act as a resource for Staff, CEOs & CFOs with accounting questions, ad-hoc analysis or NetSuite assistance.
- Prepare documentation for external auditors and respond to audit requests/questions as needed
- Identify, document, implement and drive process improvements of accounting processes for increased efficiencies and controls enhancement.
- Assist in importing proforma information into NetSuite
- Assist in improving sales/receivable integration from various billing software to NetSuite
- Assist with the integration of new acquisitions into NetSuite
- Work with business CEO on various ad-hoc reports and adjust as needed
- Work with corporate finance & business leaders to improve processes and drive efficiencies
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related degree required.
- Minimum three years of professional accounting experience including transactional and analysis responsibilities.
- Experience with multi-company/divisional financials and job costing highly desirable.
- Experience with external/internal auditing and compliance preferred.
- Superior standards regarding integrity and sound business ethics.
- Ability to analyze, problem solve, and reach resolution.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills along with solid attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively inside and outside the organization as well as both independently and in a team.
- Ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing both as an individual and in a group including active listening skills and proper grammatical language.
- Strong interest in improving processes, seeking efficiencies, and implementing best practices.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent computer skills including Excel (intermediate to advanced skills required), Word and email. Solomon or NetSuite experience a plus.