POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, a growing business in a specialized retail industry, is seeking several Senior Accountants to join their Corporate Accounting team. They are looking for people with a passion for improving accounting processes and an interest in making a positive impact. The company is committed to building a strong team and promoting from within. This business environment offers opportunity for those with a strong background and positive attitude.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare month-end general ledger journal entries and account analysis including but not limited to entries related to prepaid expenses, accrued expenses, payroll, fixed assets, etc.
- Prepare financial statements.
- Research and resolve account balance discrepancies as assigned; follow-up on issues to ensure proper reporting.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Ensure transactions are processed in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with GAAP.
- Continuous management and support of budget and forecast activities.
- Support external audit process by preparing schedules and interacting with the audit team.
- Create and assist in the development and implementation of new templates, processes and procedures to enhance accounting department productivity.
- Consistently apply the company’s financial policies and procedures, bringing issues, inconsistencies and potential solutions to the attention of management.
- Perform special projects and administrative tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of accounting experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Experience with evaluating and improving processes and procedures.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to interact with all organization levels.
- Ability to function effectively both independently and as a team member.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness with a drive for quality.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines with changing priorities.