POSITION SUMMARY: Our client is a St. Louis-based, rapidly growing provider of health services in multiple states. They are seeking a Senior Accounting Manager to join their Financial Reporting team. This role, reporting to the Accounting Director, will be responsible for leading the accounting team, managing the monthly close process and analyzing financial data. Some public accounting experience and/or CPA certification are highly preferred.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage general accounting functions while leading the accounting team.
- Perform general ledger account reconciliations and periodic account analysis.
- Ensure month end close process is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist in preparing consolidated financial statements.
- Analyze financial statements and explain variances.
- Assist with external audit processes and prepare required schedules.
- Fulfill financial data requests from external financial partners.
- Assist with tax compliance with both internal support and external consultants.
- Review all tax filings and reporting prepared by the accounting team.
- Maintain all required business licenses for the organization.
- Implement standard operating procedures to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and implement positive change.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business preferred.
- CPA certification.
- 5+ years of experience in an accounting manager or senior level accounting role.
- 2+ years of experience in public accounting or a finance role in a public company.
- Excellent skills in communication and organization with a customer-focused approach.
- Willingness and ability to meet deadlines as required.