POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, a growing financial company located in downtown St. Louis, is seeking a Senior Compensation Analyst to administer the company’s compensation programs. This individual will work independently under the guidance of the Head of Compensation to ensure the maintenance of the firm’s competitive position regarding compensation.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the design, implementation, communication and administration of the company’s base compensation programs.
- Ensure compensation levels are internally equitable, externally competitive, pay for performance, affordable, easily understood and administered, and legally compliant.
- Evaluate job positions with managers and HR team members to determine FLSA classifications and benchmark competitive compensation.
- Write job descriptions, establish pay ranges and compile cost-of-living data.
- Conduct and respond to compensation surveys, analyze data and create reports.
- Provide assistance with compensation and special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or HR Management OR combination of education and experience enabling performance of all job requirements.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in base/variable compensation administration and analysis.
- Demonstrated knowledge of compensation methodologies, commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of compensation program plan design, legal requirements concerning compensation and human resources principles.
- Strong knowledge of HRIS systems, interfaces, workflow and output verifications.
- Experience with market pay database systems.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to present and convey detailed and complex data effectively.
- Proficient skills in Excel including pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.