POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, a leading global electrical manufacturer with headquarters located in the St. Louis metro area, is seeking a Senior Corporate Accountant to join their growing organization. As a pivotal member of their accounting team, this role will maintain accounting records and transactions for multiple legal entities and will be a leader in the corporate close process. This position participates in preparing journal entries, reconciling balance sheet accounts and tracking capital spending.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform general ledger accounting including month-end reconciliations and account analysis.
- Prepare intercompany and bank statement reconciliations.
- Perform fixed asset reconciliation and review depreciation journal entries across global locations.
- Perform lease accounting and corresponding journal entry preparation.
- Track capital spending.
- Assist with month-end closing process including journal entry preparation.
- Coordinate with cross functional leaders and provide applicable support when requested.
- Facilitate audit requests as needed.
- Maintain records in accordance with company policy.
- Document procedures relevant to the senior accounting responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance required; CPA a huge plus.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP.
- 4+ years of accounting experience.
- Large company experience in manufacturing, accounting operations, or capital project management preferred.
- Experience with general ledger/fixed asset or ERP system such as BPCS.