Our client is a private equity owned, rapidly growing online professional education space. Reporting to the Senior Director FP&A, the Senior Financial Analyst will perform broad financial analysis and reporting activities including financial planning, measurement, and monitoring for communication and collaboration in areas such as budgeting, forecasting, and reporting. In addition, the Senior Financial Analyst will regularly create financial models and perform project-based analysis. This is a KEY individual contributor role for the organization and will interact with team members across FP&A and Accounting as well as actively promote process improvements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES:
- Create reports for budgeting, forecasting , and closing to track key business metrics for leadership decision making.
- Create ad-hoc financial models to support leadership decision making.
- Evaluate financial performance using variance/trend/growth analysis in preparation for management business reviews.
- Manage budgets by extracting and analyzing data from a variety of sources and collaborate with team members to understand variances.
- Analyze margins, market spend, and other operating expenses including leading headcount budgeting, forecasting, and analysis.
- Prepare and manage cap ex reporting.
- Identify opportunities for automation and/or process improvements and make recommendations.
- Serve as key FP&A team member during the budgeting process by coordinating operational teams, discovering key process drivers, and using multiple software applications to organize/analyze budget data and prepare financial models.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in financial analysis roles with increasing responsibility.
- Solid understanding of a P&L and the relationship between revenue and expenses.
- Expert in preparing data/financial models for budgeting and forecasting.
- Enthusiastic, inquisitive self-starter with strong business acumen.
- Robust critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Excel.
- Experience using NetSuite, Google Sheets, and/or PowerBI a plus.