POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, a mid-sized manufacturing company is adding a Senior Financial Reporting Analyst to their team. A blended role, this position works with accounting, financial analysis and reporting, budgeting and forecasting for the corporate office along with consolidation of plant activity. In addition, this role ensures all activities are completed in accordance with GAAP and income tax provisions.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in the monthly and year-end closing process for the Corporate office and consolidation of plant financials.
- Assist in preparation of the monthly reporting package for management, executive leaders and board members. Package includes financial results, key performance metrics and other key information.
- Prepare and analyze various standard reports utilized in management decision making.
- Develop quarterly forecasts, 13 week cash projections and variance analysis, coordinate annual budget process.
- Research and resolve general accounting issues, manage requests for accounting information, ensure accurate and prompt responses.
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis varying in complexity as requested by management.
- Contribute to and support a positive work environment through personal involvement throughout the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; CPA, Master of Accountancy, or MBA preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in either public or private accounting.
- Manufacturing industry experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and internal controls processes.
- Self-reliant initiative with strong analytical, change management and time management skills.
- Professional and effective written and verbal communication skills providing effective feedback at all organizational levels.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.