POSITION SUMMARY: This Senior Analyst role has a heavy operational focus and will be responsible for supporting the Regional Vice President with actionable analyses. The role is critical to driving the business and will have complete P&L ownership. Other responsibilities include performing monthly analysis on the business unit and presenting the financial results to senior management.
Our client offers a transparent culture, a collaborative environment and an opportunity to make a true impact on the business.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive actionable, forward-looking analytics that result in enhanced business and financial outcomes as measured by positive business results and feedback from senior leaders.
- Create dashboards for senior management that discuss performance results and key takeaways toward achieving business objectives.
- Partner with accounting during month-end to prepare the monthly P&L, analyze variances to budget and forecast, and determine the impact on future financial forecasts.
- Create long-range planning models presented to senior leadership for determining the value, risk exposure and capital expenditure needed for expanding into new markets.
- Own the design, development and maintenance of reports and analytics.
- Lead the budgeting and long-range planning process for the business unit assigned.
- Analytical & Problem Solver – Clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, evaluate solutions from multiple perspectives, and drive positive change.
- Clear Thinker – Quickly grasp new ideas and lead cross-functional projects within Operations/Finance.
- Excellent Communicator – Experience working with multiple levels (including executive level). Capable of communicating complex financial information in an easy to understand manner both verbally and in writing.
- Adaptable/Flexible – Capable of working on multiple projects, open to change in response to new information or unforeseen circumstances.
- Integrity – Adhere to high moral, ethical and personal values in decisions, communications, actions and when dealing with others.
- Sense of Urgency – Work proactively and under tight timelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required; MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 3+ years related experience.
- Solid PC skills; experience with Oracle, SAP, COGNOS, Business Objects, etc. and strong Excel skills in data compilation and aggregation (i.e. pivot tables, V-Lookups and macros).
- Ability to interact with upper management and present financial data and analysis to both finance and non‑finance audiences.