POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, a global electrical manufacturer with headquarters located in the St. Louis metro area, has engaged our firm to identify a critical role for their organization. They are adding a Senior Financial Analyst to their corporate FP&A team. This highly visible, hands-on role will be responsible for preparing and analyzing financial data as well as identifying and implementing ways to improve and streamline current reports and identify areas for improvement and implement processes. This role will require developing effective partnerships across the organization.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and develop monthly and quarterly financial reports and create templates to clearly communicate actual results, forecasted performance, and variances to annual plan/budget.
- Produce monthly reporting packages in collaboration with other key stakeholders.
- Develop metrics and scorecards to track performance against annual plan/budget.
- Analyze spend and variance results; and provides recommendations.
- Perform business unit financial analysis including sales and income reporting.
- Conduct analysis as necessary in support of key business metrics and objectives.
- Interact with various functions and participate in developing quarterly and annual forecasts, budget, reporting, and other financial modeling that will help drive business decisions.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 5+ years of experience in financial planning, analysis, budgeting and forecasting, preferably in a global organization.
- Operational finance experience in manufacturing a plus.
- Ability to accurately define problems, access data, establish facts, solve problems, draw conclusions, and make meaningful recommendations in a timely manner.
- Advanced analytical skills with the ability to perform root cause analysis and make appropriate business decisions.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a globally diverse cross-functional team environment, managing multiple priorities and driving for deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication along with effective presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail essential.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills: Essbase proficiency preferred.