Our client, an innovative and well-respected CPG company located in the metro St. Louis, MO area, is a culture of high performers dedicated to teamwork and collaboration. The organization believes in offering employees development opportunities with a strong focus on promoting from within. An upcoming promotion has created an opening for a Senior Logistics Manager for North America. Our client offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, and a strong benefits program.
The Senior Logistics Manager (North America) will be responsible for leading and managing all aspects of the North America logistics operation to ensure consistent high-level service quality and customer satisfaction while also developing and implementing strategies to expand cost efficient operations. Additionally, the position requires excellent change management capabilities for successful implementation of new ideas through cross-functional collaboration with the internal global logistics team, TPL providers and managed services. This role requires a strong leader to coach and develop talent within the North America logistics team.
The ideal candidate will have experience in planning, developing and executing warehousing and distribution regional strategies, a proven track record of building strong partnerships with third party logistics providers, experience opening/closing distribution centers and integrating acquisitions.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee logistics in North America including ocean freight, warehousing and trucking within two markets.
- Develop and execute functional logistical plans addressing technology, process and structure.
- KPI accountability for logistics spend, supply chain reductions and customer service levels.
- Lead a team of 6-10 colleagues with accountability for $30MM in logistical spend.
- Supervise 1-3 direct reports.
- Build and maintain partnerships with third-party logistical providers to deliver service excellence, growth and continuous improvement.
- Monitor regional logistical spend including process and results.
- Participate as part of the teams for Global Logistics and North American Supply Chain.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 8 years of Supply Chain experience with at least 5 years in Logistics.
- CPG industry experience highly preferred.
- Experience with RFP/RFQ Procurement processes.
- Experience opening or closing distribution sites.
- Experience with transportation and contracts (over the road, rail, ocean, air).
- Experience overseeing third party logistics providers; including setting metrics for contracts, attending quarterly business reviews, etc.
- Management systems knowledge in transportation, warehousing and ordering.
- Expertise in continuous improvement programs such as Lean and Six Sigma; ability to apply this knowledge in a logistics environment.
- International experience in navigating cross cultural relationships and logistical concerns such as transportation, distribution and sourcing preferred.
- Proven leadership capabilities in driving positive change and strategic planning.
- Strong analytical, organizational and decision-making skills.
- Ability to negotiate effectively and build internal and external relationships across all organizational levels.
- Ability to travel 25-30% primarily in North America.