POSITION SUMMARY: Our client is a leader in the metal manufacturing industry, founded over 50 years ago and headquartered in St. Louis with multiple locations across the United States. They added a newly created role to their HR team and have engaged our firm to identify a talented Senior Regional Human Resources Manager. This position will support area HR leaders in effective workforce management for all areas of human resources including employee and labor relations, engagement, talent and performance management, employee and labor relations, compliance, and program administration. In addition, building trust, driving organizational change in a dispersed environment, and positively impacting all stakeholders will be among the role’s goals. The ideal candidate will provide well‑rounded HR leadership in both a strategic and hands‑on capacity.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide advice and guidance to plant HR leaders particularly in the areas of talent management, employee engagement and employee relations / communications.
- Manage recruitment activities to assess business needs and attract top talent; ensure an effective and efficient process for full cycle recruiting.
- Drive employee engagement through effective partnerships at all organizational levels.
- Analyze employment trends such as turnover, promotions, and grievances to identify problem areas; recommend and implement solutions.
- Provide counsel and coaching to senior managers relating to organizational structure, staffing, talent, and employee interaction.
- Develop and coordinate skill training to ensure an effective and efficient workforce.
- Foster continual improvement through strategic understanding and HR development.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements related to employment; conduct investigations as needed and resolve concerns.
- Provide operational support as needed for all generalist HR activities.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree in human resources management, industrial relations or MBA preferred.
- Experience in years:
- 7+ years in human resources, both progressive and strategic.
- 2+ years in a manufacturing environment.
- 2+ years in labor relations highly preferred.
- Substantial generalist experience across a broad spectrum of HR-related topics.
- Demonstrated change management experience with inspiring approach.
- Ability to connect business goals and people matters, recognizing and addressing key issues.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships utilizing courtesy and tact.
- Effectively drive results both individually and in teams.
- Effectively organize multiple competing priorities in a changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Well-developed skills in critical thinking, analysis and problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with ability to comprehensively present complex material.
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours as needed and travel up to 40%.