POSITION SUMMARY: The role of Senior Staff Accountant will work closely with the Controller on a variety of accounting and reporting aspects to support the company’s U.S. and Canadian operations. Primary responsibilities will be to analyze, verify, and reconcile financial transactions for locations located throughout Canada and the U.S. Other duties will include performing compliance and operational reporting for guiding and supporting executive decisions.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts, document business transactions, and complete corresponding reconciliations.
- Prepare analysis and post entries on recurring monthly transactions.
- Provide corporate and location management with financial analysis and reporting by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from other departments.
- Reconcile various bank accounts at month end.
- Analyze information by maintaining analysis or reconciliations; develop new analysis and reporting where opportunities arise.
- Recommend accounting treatment for reserves, assets and expenditures.
- Bachelor of Science degree in accounting.
- 5+ years of accounting experience.
- 3 years of regional public accounting in lieu of industry experience; supervisory experience a plus.
- Attention to detail and deadline-oriented.
- Motivated self-starter; Controller has open door policy but is not a micro-manager.
- Problem solver capable of performing research to solve problems.