Our client is a leading North American construction company serving the civil, energy, institutional, commercial, heavy industrial, manufacturing, water/wastewater, and automotive industries. Founded in over 100 years ago in St. Louis, they are a recognized leader in the construction industry focused on providing clients with rock-solid reliability, the highest standards of quality and safety and innovative solutions for the most complex building needs. With over 3,000 employees, the firm is headquartered in St. Louis with offices throughout North America.
The Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist, reporting directly to the Director of Talent Acquisition, has enterprise-wide talent acquisition responsibilities in pursuit of qualified candidates to fill salary level openings for construction professionals, administrative and operations personnel, and other staffing requirements as assigned. Duties also involve conducting hiring activities, managing data, and reporting. Success in this position requires the ability to satisfactorily perform each principal duty defined below.
Our client offers a strong compensation and benefits package, opportunities for continued growth and development, along with offering a hybrid work schedule after six months of employment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Draft and post open position advertisements.
- Open new position requisitions as assigned and track candidates through the HRIS and ATS systems.
- Assist with recruitment activity planning and execution including career fair planning.
- Responsible for coordinating and conducting college recruiting activities.
- Perform verbal pre-screenings of potential candidates, schedule and conduct interviews.
- Schedule pre-employment and developmental assessments.
- Create offer letters and present to candidates.
- Send acceptance of employment offer confirmation letters to appropriate managers.
- Perform employment, education, and reference verification.
- Administer hiring process by ensuring employment eligibility, coordinating substance screening, disseminating new hire documents, and collecting completed documents.
- Arrange and conduct new employee orientation.
- Send appropriate correspondence to all non-qualified applicants.
- Assist with temporary staffing requirements such as temporary services, consultants, and contract employees.
- Collaborate with the Director of Talent Acquisition to provide accurate recruiting activity reporting data.
- Provide regular open position status reports to management as required.
- Maintain confidential employee records.
- Address candidate/employee questions regarding policies and benefits.
- Ensure client satisfaction, both internally and externally, through efficient handling of issues.
- Model and reinforce safety as a top priority.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, Human Resources, Psychology or related field.
- 3+ years of relevant talent acquisition experience.
- HRIS and ATS knowledge.
- Capability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draws valid conclusions.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Strong presentation skills, especially to convey information to management and relevant groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a willingness to assist others even if outside the normal scope of responsibilities.
- Efficient and effective organization and time management skills.
- Advanced computer skills required.