Our client, headquartered in the Greater St. Louis, Missouri area, is a dynamic manufacturer of specialty nutrition products and a global leader in their industry. They have exclusively engaged our firm to find Senior Training & Development Specialist to join their training and development team!
This role is responsible for defining, building and delivering learning and development programs for employees, focusing on broad and managerial development programs, succession planning and company-specific training programs. The Senior Specialist will have the opportunity to partner with key leaders in departments and locations of the organization and with HR teams to deliver effective and aligned training initiatives. One of the key projects this person will be responsible for is developing a “hi-pot” program – creating from the ground up!
Our client offers a competitive salary with bonus potential, strong benefits package and lots of opportunity for professional growth and development.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Consider organizational needs, career paths and performance appraisals to determine learning needs and performance objectives.
- Collaborate with HR SME’s and Legal to create HR specific training for managers (examples include FMLA training, how to conduct effective performance reviews, etc.)
- Utilize Cornerstone LMS for developing e-learning content to be used globally.
- Evaluate and improve learning solutions based on performance metrics.
- Review current training programs for relevancy and make any changes to keep them engaging and applicable to the organization.
- Keep up to date on current training trends, developments and best practices, deploying a wide variety of training methods to cater to different learning styles.
- Evaluate outside resources, products, courses or materials for new and existing programs and make recommendations. Partner with vendors as needed to develop and enhance content.
- Manage the annual award and recognition program.
- BS/BA in Business, Psychology, HR or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in training and development, organization development or related field.
- Knowledge of learning theory, instructional design and adult learning principles.
- Experience managing multiple external vendors.
- Excellent project management and organization skills.
- Strong attention to detail is a must!
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both in a team environment and independently.
- Experience working for a global company preferred.