POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, a leading producer and supplier of high-performance pigment products for a variety of industries, is seeking a Supply Chain and Logistics Customer Service Representative. This position will collaborate with their Commercial Sales and Supply Chain teams in growing their existing customers. Duties include but are not limited to typical customer service activities such as administering, processing, and following up on orders, reviewing contracts, identifying service issues, and resolving problems. The role requires a professional level of communication with both internal and external customers, especially when responding to customer inquiries and keeping customers apprised of circumstances relating to their orders.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work directly with customer buyers.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of product data including in-stock items, pricing, order flow, and shipping procedures.
- Review customer contracts to ensure adherence to negotiated terms.
- Process all customer transactions including quotes, orders, debits, credits, and returns with accuracy and efficiency.
- Review production and shipping schedules to determine delivery impact.
- Run and monitor daily open order report and communicate with planners and shipping personnel to secure on time deliveries whenever possible.
- Track scheduled order ship dates and actual shipments directly with carriers and expedite as needed.
- Proactively inform customers of any production or delivery circumstances outside their expectations.
- Collaborate with account and product managers and sales administrative staff along with shipping, production, and lab personnel to settle discrepancies.
- Resolve customer issues and requests and communicate with account and customer service managers regarding special situations.
- Respond to customer complaints by investigating, gathering all pertinent information, and documenting details within 24 hours. Assist in determining root cause and appropriate corrective actions. Follow up with customer and account manager as needed.
- Advise supply chain management regarding customer and co-packer developments and requests.
- Establish and maintain customer files.
- Assist with data entry of pertinent information as needed.
- Participate in ongoing benchmarking to assist in measuring customer service performance levels.
- Improve service for internal and external customers whenever possible.
- Bachelor’s degree required; science-related course of study a plus.
- Minimum three years of customer service experience; international customer service experience a plus.
- Accuracy and grace under pressure.
- Effective time management, multitasking, prioritization, and organizational skills.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills including conveying accurate and complete detail.
- Intermediate proficiency working in Microsoft Office environment (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Knowledge of Access database preferred.
- JD Edwards experience a plus.
Compensation will be competitive and based on experience.
This is not a remote eligible position, and our client is not offering any type of relocation currently.
Note: Due to the high volume of applicants, we may be unable to respond to telephone or email inquiries, but we will be reviewing and considering all applications in the order in which they were submitted on a rolling basis.