Our client is one of the largest specialty construction firms in the United States. They have multiple companies who have a combined longevity of over 300 years. Now backed by a Private Equity Firm who is known for respecting the history of their portfolio companies while enhancing their value our client is combining their expertise, impeccable reputation and technology to both scale their resources, continue their growth and dominate in their industry.
Headquartered in the St. Louis, MO metropolitan area, they employ over 3,000 people nationwide.
The Talent Acquisition Manager is a newly created role tasked with both creating a best in class, top tier centralized talent acquisition function while disrupting the status quo that has existed in construction industry. This role will be responsible for creating and leading a successful and scalable talent acquisition function outlining and crafting a structured recruitment process, as well as creating a top tier employer brand and candidate experience for the organization. In addition, the position will build, lead, and develop a team of high-performing talent acquisition professionals and support staff who will proactively attract top talent to support the company’s growth trajectory and business objectives.
What We Like
- High growth industry backed by a well-known PE firm who invests in companies for the long-term
- High exposure to Leadership and PE Firm
- Newly created role with backing and full support of Leadership and PE firm
- Great culture and benefits; hybrid schedule
- Very limited travel
- Opportunity to choose and implement an organization wide ATS
- Open to relocation
You will love this role if you
- Truly want to make a mark in creating and building something new - creating a talent engine different from the traditional recruitment model
- You want a role where your expertise and knowledge of Talent Acquisition will not only be wanted but is a focus for the company
- You enjoy building a high-performance team
- You want to disrupt the way talent acquisition has historically been done
- You understand what talent engagement involves
- You think outside the box when selecting talent for your team
- You want to grow your talent acquisition career by leading a team
You will hate this job if you
- Prefer putting in place a traditional recruitment model
- You believe in the adage that “you’ve done it this way before” or “that’s how it has always been done”
- You fundamentally believe if you post a job, applicants will apply
- You aren’t willing to roll up your sleeves
- You are only open to hire seasoned recruitment professionals to fill positions
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and lead a best-in-class full-cycle recruiting function with flexible, scalable processes giving particular attention to a superior candidate experience regardless of outcome.
- Build partnerships with hiring leaders across the company to understand talent and hiring needs and proactively adjust strategies to meet these needs.
- Participate in the development of employer branding and talent attraction strategy.
- Drive and maintain the National Talent Pipeline process with the organization’s leaders.
- Focus beyond open requisitions to build relationships in the market and maintain contact with potential candidates.
- Develop and manage relationships with strategic external resources, such as colleges and trade schools, social media platforms, and publications, to guarantee alignment and drive outcomes.
- Build and lead a high-performing recruiting team while occasionally recruiting for senior positions.
- Ensure that the recruiting function includes diversity and inclusion throughout its practices and processes, contributing to an organization full of top tier, diverse talent.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 7 years of progressive recruitment experience with a successful track record.
- Experience within the construction industry a plus.
- Proven ability to excel at high volume recruiting for a fast-paced, rapidly growing company.
- Proficiency in filling roles with the right talent including selling the opportunity, overcoming obstacles, and closing candidates quickly and efficiently.
- Demonstrated ability to bring a diversity and inclusion perspective to the recruiting process.
- Outstanding interpersonal and team leadership skills with strong emotional intelligence and successful influencing ability when outside direct authority.
- Experience managing dispersed, remote teams preferred.
- Strong decision making, problem solving, and critical thinking.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including public speaking.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office products, including MS Teams.