This is a great opportunity for someone with a Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, statistics, mathematics or related degree with 2-3 years of experience in the insurance or financial services industry who enjoys coordinating and facilitating, has a keen eye for detail, strong organizational skills and ability to work in a deadline oriented environment. Specialized training will be provided to develop the knowledge required to effectively perform in this environment.
POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, an established and highly regarded global professional services firm headquartered in the greater St. Louis area, is creating a new, developmental role for one of their growing divisions. This role supports business activities and transactions of various internal teams working with partners in the Asia Pacific region. Duties will focus on organization, communication, and detail and progress management.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with facilitating Asia Pacific transactions by seeking detailed pertinent information, reviewing and editing transaction documents, executing approvals and navigating processes.
- Increase knowledge and expertise of related subject matter, knowledge and documentation to increase contribution level.
- Work closely with Transaction Facilitator to define and meet expectations.
- Support the execution process through interaction with all key participants.
- Support and document multiple projects in the Asia Pacific market through tracking and managing of status, approvals, inquiries, etc.
- Create and maintain necessary files and records relating to projects in progress.
- Communicate with partners and stakeholders to share progress, updates, status, etc. via a variety of channels in a timely and accurate manner.
- Secure approvals and other needed inputs as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Economics, Actuarial Science or related degree, or equivalent work experience required; relevant advanced education and/or certification preferred.
- Willingness to undertake additional education specific to assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Financial services experience through work, internship or studies required.
- Exposure to insurance or reinsurance required with basic understanding of related products and markets.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Ability to network and build relationships with people across a variety of operational, technical and functional groups.
- Strong skills working with teams including participation across global geographic regions and time zones.
- Ability to effectively investigate, analyze and problem-solve.
- Superior written and oral communication skills to successfully share business information and concepts.
- Ability to work independently, set goals and multitask with appropriate priorities and attention to deadlines.
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office skills with emphasis on Outlook; some knowledge of SharePoint required.