POSITION SUMMARY: Our client, based in Columbus, Ohio, is one of the largest industrial distributors and service providers in the United States. With locations across 18 states largely in the East and Midwest, they also offer comprehensive services such as engineering solutions, custom fabrication, automation and repair/rebuilding.
Employing over 1,000 associates and continuing rapid growth fueled by mergers and acquisitions with other companies who share their core values. In 2019 alone, they have acquired three companies. They strive to become the dominant supplier in every market where they do business by helping each customer achieve their mission through committed, focused and capable associates who are guided by core values: integrity, achievement, investment and balance. The company’s focus has always been on the success of their customers and employees through professional management and state of the art operating and logistical systems.
The Vice President of Human Resources is a key member of the leadership team with responsibility for the overall strategic human resources leadership of the company. This role will be at the forefront in overseeing the activities of the corporate office and each affiliate business in the areas of talent management, recruitment, employee relations and human resources. This individual will work with the leadership team to develop and execute a people strategy and long-term vision for growing their professional team while strengthening their committed, high performance culture.
The VP, HR role involves a broad range of specific responsibilities, including organizational design and development, change management, talent management and acquisition, policy development, learning and development, employee relations, benefits, compensation, compliance and HRIS. Additionally, the VP, HR is responsible for the design and implementation of programs, policies and strategies to support the growth and ongoing transformation of the business. This individual will be reviewing the current HR state as it pertains to structure, programs and processes and then developing and driving human resources initiatives around company culture, employee onboarding, training, career development, coaching/mentoring programs, performance management, engagement and retention, succession planning and management/leadership development. In addition, this role will lead any Human Resources due diligence activity as the company pursues potential acquisition opportunities.
The ideal candidate must be capable of exercising initiative, discretion and good judgment while providing counsel, developing roadmaps, and executing on key people-related programs while demonstrating effective and efficient project management. Significant experience in all aspects of people operations and HR strategy with a proven track record are paramount. The person in this role will need to be part visionary to develop or identify the correct third parties for programs that result in the overall growth and development of talent, and part front-line deployment leader to roll out and continually improve HR programs. This role is critical to our client’s success in realizing overall goals and objectives related to employee development, and a unique opportunity to leverage expertise in human resources and specifically talent management in partnership with company leaders in an entrepreneurial culture to make a meaningful impact on this evolving organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organization Development or Business Administration.
- Master’s degree preferred; SPHR and/or CEBS certifications highly preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive, broad-based human resources experience in a multi-site organization with 5+ years of experience as an HR executive. Ideally, HR experience at both corporate and regional levels.
- Experience in geographically distributed operations, where human resources initiatives must be delivered through geographically disparate leadership and workforce.
- Experience within organizations that are well-regarded for the quality, integrity, standardization and effectiveness of a broad suite of well-developed human resources processes, tools and methodologies.
- Documented track record of consistently delivering employee-centric, bottom-line-oriented human resource solutions, as a member of the senior business team.
- Demonstrated ability to act as a trusted advisor and business partner to senior business leaders, ensuring that human resources programs and policies fully support the realization of business strategies and financial objectives.
- Strong HR generalist skills; ability to range comfortably from the highly strategic to the operational with ease.
- Experience in all facets of human resources, including talent management (acquisition & development).
- Proven experience working with newly acquired businesses would be beneficial. Experience performing the human resources side of due diligence on potential acquisitions would be a plus.
Our client offers a highly competitive compensation and benefit plan. They will also provide relocation assistance.