Our client is an established, growing and privately held diversified essential business with headquarters in Missouri serving the consumers of transportation services in multiple states. They are seeking a Senior Human Resources Generalist based in Cuba, MO and responsible for processing, monitoring, and reporting employee activities such as leaves of absence, worker’s compensation, and unemployment. The COVID-19 pandemic has expanded this role as the company pays employees for quarantine time. The role requires an exceptional individual who has the willingness and capacity to proactively assume responsibility, tracking and following up regularly to properly manage employee movement and maintain accurate records. This dedication will be rewarded with a benefits package, annual bonus potential, and the opportunity to be part of an organization that embraces innovation and values its employees.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the primary provider of recurring human resources deliverables.
- Process employee leaves including medical and FMLA in conjunction with the identified third-party partner.
- Process unemployment and worker’s compensation claims including HIPAA compliance.
- Maintain the company turnover reporting.
- Manage annual employee health screenings and reporting.
- Organize employee performance appraisals.
- Oversee the employee vehicle program.
- Assist the human resources team as needed with benefits, safety, reporting, special projects, etc.
- High school diploma required, bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field highly preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in human resources focusing on leaves of absence and worker’s compensation; at least 3 years of experience highly preferred.
- SHRM membership and certification or willingness to obtain.
- Exceptional customer service skills benefiting both internal and external individuals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills addressing multiple urgent priorities.
- Ability to analyze and resolve issues.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and HRIS software.