Benskin & Hott Talent Partners, LLC
POSITION SUMMARY: Our client is a highly profitable specialized contract manufacturer located in the Metro East that is highly revered within their industry. They are seeking a Senior Human Resources Generalist to primarily support employees in two local facilities as well as coordinate internal processes and resources to enhance value and support the Human Resources team. Key qualities for success include communication, organization, professionalism, and flexibility. This is a full-time onsite role.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide significant leadership in the talent selection and internal mobility processes by collaborating with hiring managers, sourcing and recommending candidates, coordinating logistical details, and participating in interviews.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to employees and management in support of a best-in-class employee experience including onboarding, team building, mentoring, resolving conflict, and developing talent.
- Assist with site-based organizational planning, periodic performance assessments, talent acquisition planning, and compensation and leadership development.
- Support various types of employee relations activities, employee communication, engagement discussions, and retention efforts.
- Foster a strong company culture with supportive employee interaction, engagement, and recognition.
- Serve as an employee resource for general benefits questions during open enrollment and life events, and coordinate leaves of absence and workers’ compensation.
- Support the Human Resources Manager in representing the company in the community and at various educational institutions to promote career opportunities and foster apprenticeship opportunities.
- Support company policies while maintaining an open mind and recognizing opportunities for improvement.
- Perform weekly reporting and system updates for accurate status on employee headcount and current hiring needs versus future hire tracking.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field preferred.
- Human Resources certification (PHR, SPHR, and/or SHRM-CP) a plus.
- Minimum 7 years of progressive HR experience; 9 years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience supporting 300-750 site-based employees in a dynamic environment preferred.
- Practical knowledge of current requirements and best practices for human resources, payroll, and benefits.
- Strong understanding of state and federal employment laws and how to maintain compliance.
- A people-focused, problem-solving team player known for delivering HR support by aligning to achieve organizational goals.
- Commitment to building culture and the employee experience.
- A professional demeanor with the highest degree of personal integrity, maturity, and work ethic.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate across the entire organizations.
- Technological skills including HR and ATS systems, social media such as internal communications and recruiting platforms, project management software, and Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.